18th July 2012
Title: Event Technician
Reports to: Operations Manager
Based at: Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
Salary: In the region of 17k plus Overtime
About the company:
Genero deliver event presentation and production solutions to a diverse range of clients throughout the UK. We offer a comprehensive service from the installation of exhibition display systems or plasma screen hire, to the manufacture of a bespoke set, creation of a corporate video or the planning, production and delivery of an annual conference. No matter how big or small the event, we offer full support to every project and client.
We specialise in crafting live events and believe we can offer an excellent service, whether it is an indoor or outdoor event, at any venue or location locally, nationally or worldwide. Genero has always been driven by a clear vision and a commitment to providing excellent customer satisfaction and exceeding expectations. We are an established, professional and enthusiastic team who are totally focussed on service, quality and people.
To provide audio visual technical support within the Operations Department for the delivery of events.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Delivery of events including: prepare, deliver & operation
- Processing of job sheets including: equipment & set preparation
- Checking equipment in & out using Rental Desk software
- Equipment maintenance (inc: stock repairs & testing, cables & warehouse upkeep)
- Venue Support Equipment delivery & installation
- Equipment collection & returns
- Assisting Senior Technician on large scale productions
The successful candidate will need to have good attention to detail and enjoy working as part of a team. Experience within the audio visual industry would be an advantage.
- Ability to work to procedure and within set systems
- Self-motivated and time efficient
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Clean driving license
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Powerpoint, Word and Outlook.
- Willingness to learn and accept training
- This is a permanent full time post commencing as soon as possible
- There is a probation period of three months, which may be extended if necessary
- This is a full-time post with evening and weekend working, for which overtime will be paid
- Basic hours of work are normally 08.30 till 18.00 with an hour lunch break
- Salary for this post is dependent on experience and on completion of probation
- The holiday leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December. Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 20 days per annum, including three days between Christmas and New Year, plus bank holidays